The buildings and the park of the Jaunlaicene Manor are cultural and historical monuments. Before getting acquainted with them, it is recommended to visit the local museum. In the museum, we exhibit a model of the barons’ dwelling house, the memories of the grandchildren of Johann Gottlieb II, the plan of the manor with the location of the buildings, and information about the lives of the local people. The next object – the place of the barons’ dwelling house – will remind of the former honour, sincerity and love in the Wolff family. The pond with an island in the park will allow you to enjoy unusual peace and beauty. From the island, along the swimming area of the pond, the alley of black alders and white firs will lead to the next site – the baron’s cemetery with a majestic chapel.
Some information about the Jaunlaicene Manor has remained from the beginning of the 18th century when the Manor was the property of the Alūksne Castle. During the Northern War, the area suffered heavily from the invasions of the Circassians. They killed cattle and people, a lot of people were captured and taken prisoners, the buildings were burnt down. It is possible that the renovation of the manor began in 1747, when the manor was purchased by Johann Gottlieb I. The museum lacks information about the state of the manor buildings until the manor was taken over by Johann Gottlieb II. In the family book, we can read about the construction of buildings at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries. The construction year of manor manager’s house is unknown, but the barons’ dwelling house was constructed in 1789. The pond is seen in the plan of 1796, without an island. The barons’ cemetery was consecrated in 1814, and the chapel was constructed between 1859 and 1865. The plan of the park has not changed since 1796.
The Baroness of the Jaunlaicene Manor, Marie Clementine de Fallois, born in Belgium, was a highly energetic and diligent hostess. The barons had to take care of the health and life of the peasants at that time. The Baroness had arranged a lazaret in the Jaunlaicene Manor with 10 beds and a nurse who took care of the sick. The Baroness herself did operations and treatment. Her model of a good hostess was visible in order, cleanliness and steady workability. With the greatest excitement, she took care of the whole of the family. Joy and blessing accompanied her in the room for spinning, in the shelter for the disabled, without which those people would be homeless or vagabonds, in the lazaret, where she took care of the sick and gave them medicine. Those who recovered were strengthened with good nutrition. Particularly for this job, she had one servant and a horse. The servant inspected those with minor illnesses in their farmsteads but those whose condition deteriorated were hurriedly taken to the manor.